When you or anyone else visit this website we respect your privacy and we are GDPR compliant. Below we have outlined important points including what personal information we collect, what we do with it and your choices and rights.
HOW I USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I will use the personal information you supply to me in the course of me answering your enquiry, communicating appropriately with you and in order for me to discharge my contractual and/or statutory functions, until the contractual brief and/or the statutory function is / are fulfilled.
I may contact you by telephone, email or letter other means in relation to your instruction and/or statutory appointment. You cannot opt out of these communications. I will never combine these communications with marketing promotions that you have a legal right to opt out of.
I will not use your data for marketing purposes. I will never use your data in a way that conflicts with your own legal rights and interests.
If I share information with a third party, such as a fellow professional or possibly builder, involved in the same project/instruction/statutory appointment to facilitate appropriate communication between the parties or for example, to arrange/co-ordinate access.
I will make all reasonable endeavours to ensure that such third parties treat your personal data in a legal and appropriate way.
I do not typically need to, or have to transfer PII data of EU citizens outside the EU.
WHAT DATA DO I HOLD?
I hold the personal data that you supplied to me in the course of making your enquiry and/or instructing me/appointing me. At the point of instruction/appointment, I sought your signed consent to regarding the type of PII data I will collect and that you are prepared to provide.
The data normally comprises some or all of the below:
- Your name/s
- Your address/addresses (for example both current and temporary if you are renting while works are being carried out on your home, or if you do not live at the property concerned)
- The address of a property you are proposing to purchase
- A landline telephone number
- A mobile telephone number
- A business email address
- A private email address
I may hold notes of my communication/s with you through different channels including, but not limited to: email and phone.
I will not seek personal information from you relating to race, religion, political affiliation, trade union membership, sexual orientation, medical or genetic history as any or all of this has no relevance to my appointment/instruction. And as such I request that such information is not voluntarily offered/provided under any circumstance.
HOW I HOLD YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I will retain the personal information you supply to me in the course of you making an enquiry for the purpose of fulfilling an instruction or a statutory appointment and for invoicing purposes.
If you instruct me and I invoice you, I will retain an electronic copy of your invoice data for the period required by HMRC, after which we will delete it.
Your information will be: securely stored on hardware that has limited access to only relevant persons; and on a server maintained by a third party such as a web host. Whether held by me on my hardware, or on my behalf by a third party, it will be kept secure and protected from unauthorised access using all reasonable means.
CO-OPERATING WITH LEGAL AUTHORITIES
If requested, I will pass information about you (and if relevant, your business) to legal authorities that have the legal right to demand such data.
If you have engaged with me by way of an enquiry or non-chargeable time, but you never instructed me, you may request the complete deletion of any personal information from my systems.
Whether or not you have instructed me, you may request me never to contact you again, and I will comply with your request unless you make a further enquiry.
You have a number of rights in addition to those mentioned above, including access to the information (“the right to be informed”).
You have the right to see the personally identifiable information (PII) data I hold and to receive a copy. You have the right to have any errors corrected.
You have the right to ask and be told where your data came from.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting me using the details below.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ico.org.uk) if you believe any of your rights are being infringed.
Cookies are small pieces of data that this website stores on a device. Cookies can improve mine and yours (visitors) browsing experience because they help websites remember preferences and helps me understand how people use different features of this website. You can see which cookies are active in your browser’s settings. For help, visit your browser’s documentation.
Here are a list of cookies that I use. I have listed them here so you can opt out by using your browser settings.
- Crumb - Active for the session - Prevents cross-site request forgery (CSRF). CSRF is an attack vector that tricks a browser into taking unwanted action in an application when someone’s logged in.
- RecentRedirect - Active for 30 minutes - Prevents redirect loops if a site has custom URL redirects. Redirect loops are bad for SEO.
- squarespace-popup-overlay - Persistent - Prevents the Promotional Pop-Up from displaying if a visitor dismisses it
- squarespace-announcement-bar - Persistent - Prevents the Announcement Bar from displaying if a visitor dismisses it
- ss_cid - Active for 2 years - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site
- ss_cvr - Active for 2 years - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site
- ss_cvisit - Active for 30 minutes - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site
- ss_cvt - Active for 30 minutes - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site
- ss_cpvisit - Active for 2 years - Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor’s sessions on a site
- ss_cookieAllowed - Active for 30 days - Remembers if a visitor agreed to placing Analytics cookies on their browser if a site is restricting the placement of cookies
HOW TO CONTACT ME
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me via my website or by telephone on 020 8352 0878